Saturday, July 2, 2011

Romance Booster?

Thursday, Kevin and I attended our friend's wedding. It was BEAUTIFUL! The weather was perfect and everyone looked their best. I love it when I can go to a wedding and just be a guest. There is just something about going to a wedding that makes you feel all warm and romantical (yes... I made that word up). I don't know if its hearing 1 Corinthians 3:14 or hearing two people vow to love each other the rest of their lives or their first walk back down the aisle as husband and wife BUT it just gets me in the heart. Sigh... I'm such a sap.

We clean up nice!

The wedding was in Easton, MD and we didn't want to get stuck in bridge traffic due to the 4th of July so we left early. We didn't hit any traffic and arrived about 3 hours early. Oops! We found out later that it worked out for the best because some of the guests didn't get there until real late due to a broken down car right before the bridge. Whew!

We spent our time wandering around the grounds of The Oak Waterfront Inn and enjoyed the views around us. Soon afterward we had to cool down by sitting in the Trailblazer running the AC. We didn't want to look a hot mess before the party even started!

Once the wedding got underway everything just kept running smoothly. During the cocktail hour Kevin and I found ourselves reminiscing about our wedding and we loved having all our friends and family around us that day. Even when the crazy unforeseen stuff happened we were surrounded by love.


Me During Cocktail Hour


For me, I'll love your wedding if the food is fabulous and the music is pumping. You don't have to spend a million bucks on your menu either. Simple food that tastes great works just fine for me! The food at this wedding was AMAZING and the music had me dancing my rear off.

Overall it was a great night. We were able to get out without Connor and enjoy our adult selves. Life was and is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment