Sunday, October 23, 2011

This Week on Pinterest!

Mid-terms totally cramped my Pinterest creations this week. I didn't get nearly as much accomplished as I wanted to...

On Monday morning I sampled the Mini Fratattas and I remember that I'm not a fan of microwaved eggs... Soooo I think they would have been awesome fresh out of the oven but kinda just eh microwaved.

Tuesday evening I planned to make Grilled Cheese and Avocado sandwiches and then Kevin volunteered to make dinner so he made them! He put a different spin the the recipe given. He added Mexican blend cheese, crushed taco shells and bacon bits to the sandwich and they turned out very yummy!

As the week passed I started working on a crafty project for the toddler bag swap I attended this afternoon (I'll blog about that later). I needed to create a learning project for my toddler and 4 others. I picked the button matching game. I however, could not find any buttons I liked so I stuck with felt objects for scrap-booking. They turned out really great.

Friday evening I tried making Deep Dark Chocolate Cookies BUT I didn't have enough powder sugar!! NEXT week!

Saturday morning I woke up inspired and made Apple Ring Pancakes. You basically make pancake mix and add pumpkin pie spice and dip the apple rings into the batter and cook them up. VERY YUMMY! I also added ground ginger, all spice and cinnamon to the batter.

Sunday morning I attempted to make fried eggs in a red pepper ring and it turned out to be difficult. The eggs wouldn't stay attached to the pepper so when you flipped everything it all came apart and in some instances the yolk broke. They tasted good but too stressful to make again.





For the toddler bag swap I made Broccoli Chowder with Corn and Bacon. It was very yummy, easy and turned out great!

I'm hoping to add a few crafty things to my plate this week! Until then happy pinning!!

2 comments:

  1. The fried eggs and red pepper ring looks yum....I like my yolk slightly runny so would be attempting to flip it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... it looked yummy but had me all angry :)

    ReplyDelete