Thursday, October 13, 2011

Soooo I Bought A Laminator...

Backstory....
I pretty much still have every children book that I had when I was a kid. They are now in Connor's room on his book shelf. Some of these books went through two children before me and some of them have my mom's scribbles in them. Some of these books have seen better days and are out of print. I have been trying to find a way to preserve some of them without re-buying them (lots of $$$$$$ due to being out of print).

Connor especially LOVES Stop That Ball by Mike McClintlock and from what I've seen its out of print. I was kinda bummed about it. UNTIL... I found an awesome idea on the blog I'm a teacher, get me OUTSIDE here. It gives you step by step instructions for laminating older books and making them more durable. AWESOME!!

My next thought was... Well... ok... where does one find a laminator?! Are they expensive? They MUST be...

I emailed my friend who I knew recently bought one and asked her if I could borrow her's or did she mind telling me where she bought hers/how much was it. I came to find out that they sell them on Amazon (duh!! they sell EVERYTHING at Amazon). AND it was reasonably priced. My Laminator

My lamintor was delivered on Saturday.


Fast Forward to Last Night....

FINALLY! I had some downtime... I took some of the farm animal coloring sheets that Connor and I used during "Farm Animal Theme Week" and laminated them to put the together as a flip book. My thoughts:
WOW! COOL! OOOOOOO AHHHHHH!

Next I searched laminated projects on Pinterest..... WOW! Lots of awesome cool learning projects came up for Connor. I spent the next 1/2 hour to 45min "pinning" ideas.


THEN.... after doing some homework for my online class I ventured upstairs to work on a project that I had found.  I made a laminated fold up travel play mat. It was so easy!



Now I'm planning out my next projects.... A weather board for Connor, a mini cookbook for a coworker, mini "quiet books" for Connor.... its new awesome crafty idea <--- aka... new addiction/obsession to feed my Pinterest addiction/obsession... YIPES! Help me! :)

Any other ideas? Are you going to run out and buy a laminator now?

No comments:

Post a Comment