Friday, October 21, 2011

End of the World?!

So today was supposed to be the "end of the world" again... The day isn't over yet but I'm still here how about you?

I giggled the last time it was supposed to be the end of the world. Then I giggled again when it was a miscalculation. Not really giggling at the religion or the person... just at the idea really.

I find myself imagining what the end of the world would be like. I don't really picture massive explosions or people be rescued by a higher being.... I picture everyone just "poofing" into the air. Poof! GONE! Everything would get quiet, start to collect dust... our physical and digital footprints would be left behind... Weird... I know...

I did read a book called Soft Apocalypse by Will McIntosh at the beginning of this year. THAT was a great book! I think it realistically depicts how the "end of our time" would be. Actually... it was so real that it kinda stuck with me for a little while. My vision of us "poofing" into thin air was replaced!

I guess if we make it through the day our next big date is December 21st 2012. The end of the Mayan calendar.... does that mean the end of our time? Who knows! BUT what I do know is on December 20th 2012 I turn 30... it'll be the death/end to my 20's. I need to throw an "Its the end of the world Amanda's turning 30 party".... hmm.... I'll keep you posted on that one.

Anyway... how do you vision "the end of the world"?

3 comments:

  1. Yesterday you would have told me that it was the end of the world and I may have believed you! We had three Earthquakes which scared the crap out of me!

    Today, it is gorgeous and so far calm and quiet so I'm not so sure! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 earthquakes!? My goodness! Glad to hear you're still around and ok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always imagined a big atomic explosion. Boom-earth gone. Maybe that comes from growing up during the duck and cover days.

    ReplyDelete