Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wow, I'm a Mom...

There are have been moments where I have to pause and say, "Wow, I'm a mom".

Sometimes is a really loving situation and my life is filled with joy and peace and love.... Like these moments from when Connor was an infant...

So nice to finally meet you...

Can we go home yet?

Infant snuggles....
Then there are times when I'm kissing boo boos, changing diapers, washing tiny clothing in the washing machine or cleaning up a messy face after dinner....
Mmmm Plums...

Green beans....

Pizza!!!
OR there are times like this morning where you say out loud in an empty car, "OMG I'm a @$%*!% mother!!" Let me explain....

I usually listen to the Kane Show on HOT 99.5 in the morning. BUT now that Connor is picking up on words and phrases there are certain things that the Kane Show could teach him to say that he shouldn't. Soooooo I brought one of our sing a long song CD's in the car to listen to on the 5 minutes it takes us to drive to daycare. Well... this turned into to wanting to hear "Row Row Row Your Boat" EVER.SINGLE.TIME. we're in the car.

This morning I drop off Connor, get in my car and half way to work I hear myself singing, "B-I-N-G-O". I had completely forgot to switch back to the radio for my morning show! AND I was apparently really enjoying the kid songs because I had been singing along for 10 minutes.

Thank goodness I didn't look down and find myself wearing mom jeans! Sigh...... and so again... I had a moment where.... yes... I admit.... I am a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment