Thursday, May 24, 2012

Love

One of my fav pics from the ceremony
Getting a new laptop has me moving files over from one system to the other. I have an old laptop and my old eMac. Going through everything I came across two files that had mine and Kevin's wedding vows and the readings from the ceremony. Unfortunately the files had been corrupted and I haven't been able to pull the info from them in quite some time aka... even look into the issue.

Tonight I sat down and opened the files in Notepad and dug through the crazy text and found the true text. I have my vows and readings back!! I've always wanted to print our vows and hang them in our home as a reminder to each other of what we're working towards and the love that we felt on the day that we married. Now I can!!! ...... If I buy ink for the printer :)

Enjoy the readings from our wedding.

Reading One:

Untitled

Spirit of love and life, out of the whole world, two souls have found each other. Their destinies shall now be woven into one design, and their perils and joys shall not be known apart. Kevin and Amanda, may your home be a place of happiness for all who enter it; a place where old and young are renewed in each other’s company, a place for growing and a place for sharing. A place for music and laughter. A place for prayer and a place for love.

May those who are nearest to you be constantly enriched by the beauty and the bounty of your love for one another. May your work be a joy in your life that serves the world, and may your days together be good and long upon the earth.

Reading Two:

On Marriage

Love one another, but make not a bond of love;
Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.
Fill each other’s cup but drink not from one cup.
Give one another your bread but eat not from the same loaf.
Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each of you be alone.
Even as the strings of a flute are alone though they quiver with the same music.
Give your hearts, but not into each other’s keeping.
For only the hand of life can contain your hearts.
And stand together yet not too near together.
For the pillars of the temple stand apart.
And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other’s shadow.

-Kahlil Gibran

1 comment: