Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Love of Blanket Forts

I grew up building blanket forts in the basement, my bedroom, the living room or any room that would hold one. I LOVED building them! I could create elaborate ones that had tunnels to areas that opened up to big spaces. Sometimes I built one that could blow up when we attached a fan to it. And sometimes I would build them and then my sister and I would have a sleep over inside them. FUN!

Every once in a while I get a craving to build one.... now that I have Connor around... its acceptable!

I was sitting at work on Friday and the craving hit me! Kevin was going to be in school for the evening and it would just be me and Connor. I decided building a blanket fort and watching a movie while eating dinner would be a FABULOUS idea.

It was!!

Last time I just used chairs to prop the sheet up. It was fun... but not elaborate by any means. Good... but not my best.

Our first blanket fort
On Friday I dug out my twine, pulled out three sheets, and pulled all the cushions off the couch. I was on a misson! Check out our Friday hide-a-way....

It took up the whole living room... AND included the TV!

I attached the twine from the chairs to other stable things around the room.
We used the cushions and couch pillows as a place to lounge.
Connor insisted on bringing his friends... Teddy, Pluto 1, Pluto 2 and Mickey Mouse.

This is the life Mommy... now where's dinner!?

Sometimes... you have to just enjoy the "bear necessities" of life!

Needless to say we had an awesome time. When Connor got bored with the movie we pulled out the cars and played with them on the cushions in tent. After Connor went to bed, I climbed in the tent and enjoyed an episode of X-Files in the dark until Kevin came home from school. Before bed I took down the tent (didn't want the cat's to try to climb on top of it in the middle of the night and have a big crash). I'm looking forward to more tents as it gets colder and we're stuck inside.

Connor agreed that we should be thankful for Blanket Forts before going to bed... so Day 4 we added "Blanket Forts" to our Thankful Zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment