Friday, April 6, 2012

Sneaky Anxiety

This has been such a crazy week. On Monday Kevin and I started a new plan for eating better that involves lots of cooking and meal preparation. We were also very busy trying to keep up with everything around the house. With little time to keep up on the daily declutter around the house my stress level started to rise. I'm excited for our new meal planning and foods that we are going to try and I'm excited for our new schedule of getting stuff done around the house... I just needed time to adjust and my body gave up.

Monday night came and sleep never found me. I was so worked up over everything that we accomplished in one evening that I couldn't calm down. I found myself laying on the couch and watching Life Alert commercials and Roseanne on TVLand. Sigh.....

Tuesday came and as soon as I laid down I felt terrible. Heartburn, upset stomach... just total yuckiness. Usually I just hop out of bed, take some Tums and then I'm back to sleep in an hour but Tums just wasn't touching it.

Wednesday I called out of work sick because I still felt terrible and hadn't slept in two days and honestly thought I might have the dreaded stomach bug. Midday I was feeling back to my normal self. BUT........ Wednesday evening... as soon as I laid in bed..... the upset stomach came back.

I had been making excuses like, "Oh I'm just eating crappy" or "I took my medicine on an empty stomach" but really... I was internally stressed and didn't want to look at it. It hasn't been just this week making me stressed just lots of little things I had been ignoring piling up and now my system was crashing down.Of course I didn't realize this until I texted my mom asking for her and my step dad to send me Reiki in the middle of the night (thankfully they are 3 hours behind me so it wasn't in the middle of the night to them!). The Reiki helped me relax and I was able to focus on what was truly bothering me. I was able to let it go instantly fell asleep.

Yesterday I had some left over affects from the stress but for the most part I felt like I was finally turning a new page to the whole situation. Before bed last night, I soaked in the tub, listened to a Joyce Meyers podcast and felt renewed. I slept like a rock! WONDERFUL!!!!

It amazes me how much stress can affect your body. This wasn't even huge life altering stress... just day to day stress I wasn't processing!!! Learn from my lesson (that I've learned over and over again these days...) release the stress! Let it out and let it go!

7 comments:

  1. Stress is a bit of a bugger for me as well. If I don't meditate in the morning or work it out of my body via exercise - my wife and girls are sure to let me know that my crabbiness is not appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah... Kevin pointed out while we were making dinner that was in a mood :)

      Delete
  2. It's our body alerting us to slow down but often we ignore it. I do it too. My blog today in the challenge touches on this through the need to recharge. Have a wonderful Easter and like me, take some time out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this one!! SO TRUE!! When we can be at peace in the midst of life's storms, we truly have inner peace. Be Blessed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that peaceful feeling when all seems right with the world. I try to control stress and not let it control me but it's a tug-of-war for certain :)

    ReplyDelete