Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Nook vs. Book

I got a Nook for Christmas this year and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I have found that I read more because it seems to be more convenient to carry the 3 different books I'm reading in an e-reader vs having all three books in my purse. I enjoy the crisp screen and the overall feel of reading from the Nook. I also like having a bunch of books at my reach whenever I want instead of going to the store or waiting for it to be delivered.

I know of people who say they would miss holding a book and the smell of the book and "the real thing". I love my Nook and its little zip up case. That being said I haven't found a reason to miss "the real thing"..... until today.

I'm a little behind in reading the book my book club is meeting to discuss on Thursday. I've been reading whenever possible to get caught up and have it finished by Thursday's meeting. Last night while I was reading before bed the little battery warning flashed that I should charge it. I ignored it and kept reading. Then went to bed without charging it.

This morning when I got to work I planned on charging my Nook to prepare it for my lunch time reading session BUT forgot. Sure enough halfway through lunch my Nook died completely and I was left to pull out one of my logic puzzles and try to solve one of those.

So yes... there is ONE THING that the book has over the e-reader.... A book will NEVER run out of batteries. But I still love my Nook ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment