Thursday, July 21, 2011

Book Club!

To night was Book Club night. I was seriously slacking this month on getting the book read. Between me being stuck trying to finish a book that was longer than I planned after June's book and then my mom visiting I didn't get to start the book until this week.  We read "I Love You More" by Lisa Gardner.
This was my first crime solving type of book. I didn't think I was going to be able to get through it because crime solving just doesn't interest me. BUT I'm glad this was my first crime solving book because I throughly enjoyed it! It kept my attention and I was picture everything. I guess there was a part of me that thought I wouldn't be able to understand it or I would get lost with it. I learned something new about myself!

We were supposed to meet up at one of our houses to discuss the book, play the Wii and have some drinks. At the last minute we changed plans and met at The Grill in Glen Burnie. It was nice to be able to sit and chat it up with friends and not have to worry about Connor. I'm learning to appreciate these moments when I get them. I was having adult conversations with other adults! LOVE IT! These days the only adult conversation I get is at work or with Kevin. Most of the conversations with Kevin are about Connor so.... you get the point. Because I ate dinner with Connor before I left I wound up ordering dessert. Key Lime Pie! YUM!

Next month we're reading "Turning Angel" by Greg Iles. I was told its a long one. I'll have to keep up with it this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment