Monday, March 12, 2012

It Snuck Up and Got Us.....

Just when I was thinking we escaped the winter without major illness... it snuck up and got us.

It all started with an ear infection and pink eye in our little man a week ago from last Friday. I caught his nasty little bug by that Sunday. My ears and throat never hurt so bad. I was so exhausted I was having flash backs to my first trimester with Connor.

Last week was a week from congestion hell. Exhaustion, congestion, and non stop coughing from Connor was totally the worst. I don't think I've been that sick in a llllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooong time. Thankfully we're both on the rebound officially. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that that some how Kevin escapes this last week germ and sick free.

Saturday and Sunday the windows were open and I was letting in the fresh breeze hoping it would clear out the stagnant sickness in our house. Connor and I went for a walk down to the beach yesterday and a kind neighbor gifted Connor with a toy car. Things were finally looking towards the positive and we had some very yummy corned beef and cabbage in the crock pot for dinner.

So what have I learned this week??

1. Putting drops in a toddler's eye is not easy. No matter how much you try to show and explain to them it's ok and it's going to help them. Kevin and I felt like this trying to trap Connor and getting the drops in his eyes.


2. No matter how much you wash your hands.... if your son is snuggling in your lap and coughs in your face... you're gonna get sick.

3. When your exhausted, take a nap and let the non sick person in the house take care of you.

4. Johnson and Johnson Vapor Bath works for a toddler who is up all night coughing. After trying almost natural way to help relieve Connor's cough.... the Vapor Bath was the only thing that helped. A big thank you to my PNB momma friends.

5. When you cook corned beef and cabbage your house will smell like cabbage the next morning. Warning... its gross.

I was hoping I would get to blog about our St. Patrick's day crafts and lucky rocks but the truth is.... we've been so exhausted we haven't done any! I'm hoping to squeeze a few in this week so keep your fingers crossed that the germs have officially left the Sachs residence!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment