Monday, March 26, 2012

Back From Spring Break

Spring Break as come and gone in a flash of what seemed a day or two not a whole week. There was lots of quiet, cleaning, and bonding time with my little man. Let's start from the begining.

St. Patrick's Day celebrations started Spring Break. I took all the left over Lucky Rocks that I made before getting sick and we had a smashing party after breakfast. Connor enjoyed counting his gold coins over and over and over and over again.

Patty left Connor some Lucky Rocks

Alllllllllllllllllllllllll Smashed!

We were heading off to a party to celebrate St. Patrick's Day and I decided to make a Irish Cream Brownies. This recipe required you to make frosting from scratch. I never knew how easy it was. It tasted sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good. Like the brownies were gone in 15 min good.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Playing with chalk and his new friend at the party

Once the week of Spring Break began, I started off with some deep cleaning around the house. You know... the cleaning you're embarrassed that you let slide until you realize how gross that area has become?! Yeah... I tackled those spots. Monday morning I dropped Connor off at daycare, went for a run at Ft. Smallwood Park and then started cleaning cleaning cleaning. By the time Connor came home from daycare, I was done. D-O-N-E done.... Monday was the only day last week that I didn't take Connor to the park.

A foggy run at Ft. Smallwood Park where I saw two huge deer.
Tuesday I wrapped up cleaning, caught up homework and when Connor was picked up from daycare we went for a walk at Ft. Smallwood Park with my friend Lindsey to help get her baby moving since she was almost a week past her due date. More than halfway through the walk we stopped at the playground so Connor could run around and play. I think his little legs were worn out because he was only interested in swinging.

We saw a beautiful swan on our Tuesday evening walk.

Wednesday turned out to be an AWESOME day for me. I have a group of friends online that I met through an online forum for mothers.Over the last two years a group of us has navigated to a group on FB so we can easily chat with each other and stay in touch. I was able to meet one of my friends from Maine for breakfast while she was in town for work. It was so great! People asked me, "Wasn't it weird". Honestly, no. We pretty much talk almost every day in our group so why would it be weird to talk in person?!

At The Grill for breakfast
After breakfast, I got a few things done around the house then picked up Connor from daycare early. From there, we ventured to Downs Park and met up with my sister for play time at the park.

Spring Fever!
On our walk at Downs Park Connor found that path that leads you to the dog beach.
He shouted... "A Clue! A Clue!" My kid watches too much TV :)

Thursday morning I woke up and realized that Spring Break was almost over but I just kept trucking forward. For the rest of Spring Break I was keeping Connor home from daycare so we could spend some extra time together.

Thursday at lunch we met up with some of my former coworkers that I hadn't seen in a while. Connor was quite the character at lunch and I can say that he's just not a fan of Chinese food. Sigh....... On the way home from lunch we stopped off at Olde Mill Park. That was one quiet park... no one was around and it looks like it could use a face lift. Connor kept trying to climb the bars up to the slide.... one day kid... one day.

Trying to be a big boy.

Friday we spent the morning lounging in our PJs and then decided to meet up with daycare at the park so Connor could play with his friends. The afternoon went by quickly and then Kevin and I found ourselves on a mini date night while Connor played at grandmas with his cousins for a few hours.

Saturday morning came and we made a trip to the neighborhood elementary school for Connor's first day of gymnastics!! He LOVED the activities but he hated waiting his turn in line. He cried and cried and whined over and over while we were in line. Once it was his turn the water works turned off and he was all smiles. Silly boy! He'll learn allll about waiting while in this class for the next 7 weeks! The class is a mommy and me type of class so I'm doing the activities with him. We did the Bear Crawl, Snake Crawl, rolled down the mat, hopped down the mat, walked the balance beam and swung from the bars. I can't wait for next week!

Total Monkey!
Sunday I ran around from place to place. First, I visited Lindsey's new baby boy who finally decided to grace us with his presence on Friday evening. Then I was off to Pandora Bracelet Bingo..... I didn't win a single thing! Boo.....

Spring Break is over and its back to the grind and hopefully more blogging!

8 comments:

  1. Looks like an awesome spring break! You've got some awesome pictures. I'm jealous of your friend Lindsey... I want my baby now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your baby will come soon enough!! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. That sounded like so much fun! Welcome back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the Connor pictures! And your smile! But you forgot the Hunter pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure if momma Lindsey wanted them up on my blog :) I'll take more on Wednesday when I go for my visit. :)

      Delete