Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My Glass is Always Full

I saw this the other day and thought I should put it on a t-shirt and wear it every day.

Whether I'm looking at life in a good mood or a bad mood my glass is pretty much always full. I'm TRY most times to put a positive spin on something and it is rare when I let "Negative Nancy" take control of my life (well PMS is a whole other story - ask Kevin.... - Everyone is allowed a bad day....).

My glass seems to always be full with stuff to do as well. This week I met up with friends, I'm studying for a mid-term, I have to take the mid-term, finish Week 9 of C25K, prep for the toddler swap on Sunday (no... I'm not swapping my toddler for another one - this will be a separate post), I have book club, I have to finish reading the book for book club, catching up on the blog challenge AND keep up with all the other day to day things including that thing called WORK. All I can say is thank goodness for an hours worth of lunch break! <--- This is me putting a positive spin on things.

I come across a lot of different personalities through out the day, I see a lot of FB statuses and watch the news every morning... a lot of what I take in is just plain negative! There are a lot of people walking around with their glass half empty or waiting for the other shoe to drop.



So the question is... How does one pull the positive out of a negative situation? Its hard when you're in the midst of things to find the positive and its hard to admit when you need help. BUT just asking a friend so show you where the positive is can be helpful. Take a deep breath and try to visualize how you will come out of the situation without negative outcomes. AND don't surround yourself with people who put negative spins on things or put you down negatively.

Its hard at first. Being positive is like exercising. The more you do it the easier it is. Its really really hard at first BUT seeing the positive and filling your glass becomes a snap and the negative around you doesn't seem so negative anymore.

Do me one favor today... when something negative comes your way try to find that positive spin and post it here! Give others inspiration by being positive. I want more positive conversations in the hallways, more positive FB statuses and I'm turning off the news because well... there's hardly anything positive there these days.

6 comments:

  1. Amanda - fabulous post! Love the positive perspective and outlook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I thought it sounded kinda cheesy BUT if being positive is cheesy then so be it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great contemplation!

    My friend Diana asked this the other day... I meditate every day which helps me tremendously, but I have the tendency for anxiousness. When I get worried I tend to spin in the anxiousness which makes it hard to meditate. It's an energy like anything else so for me what helps is being physical. I go for walks, swim, clean the house, etc., anything to get the energy out in a positive way so that I can then move forward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping a positive interpretation is my middle name....say call it 'Pollyanna'. I call it a great way to live. Stay positive.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's a great photo and a great concept.
    Thanks for making my day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi, I love the foto although th emetaphor was well known to me seing the photo realy makes a difference! Thank you for your positive energy!

    ReplyDelete