Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Fall Favorites

Like I've posted before I LOVE fall. Its honestly my very favorite time of year. I find the changing leaves of yellow, orange and red more inspiring, romantic and relaxing than the spring flowers coming to live after a cold winter.

The three things that I always always do... Dye my hair red, bake a pizza casserole AND watch the episode of I Heart NY from Sex in the City, Season 4 (episode 18). Let me explain....

Dye My Hair Red:
W
hen the tops of the trees turn a bright red and then the rest of the of it follows and turns deep and warm, something releases into the air and I run out buy a box of dye and POOF I match nature around me.



Bake A Pizza Casserole:
Winter is full of baking yummy goodness that makes for thicker hips. I like to start the season for baking off with the classic pizza casserole. It was a favorite from my childhood and became Kevin's favorite when we moved in together.

Watch Episode of I Heart NY:
I Heart NY from Sex in the City is one of the first episodes that they did not film during the summer. Carrie's first line in the show is, "There is a time of year in NY when even before the first leaf falls, you can feel the seasons click. The air is crisp. Summer is gone. And for the first night in a long time you need a blanket on your bed". My favorite moment between Big and Carrie is in this episode too. It adds to the romantic feel of the season. After giving birth to Connor, I appreciate the moments shared between Miranda and Carrie about being there while she gives birth to Brady. And FINALLY my very favorite line is saved for the end. Carrie says, "Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away".

The favorite moment mentioned above.


Tonight while blogging I watched I Heart NY. The trees haven't reached the deep red yet... but they are close. AND Kevin will be happy to know Pizza Casserole is in his near future.



What is your Fall Favorite?

1 comment:

  1. Haha, Thicker Hips. We fight this ALL year long. Yikes. They're just easier to hide in the fall/winter :)

    ReplyDelete