Friday, April 29, 2011

Moooooommmmmmmmmy

Mommy. Mommy. Mommmmmmy. Moooooommmmmmmmmy. Mommy. Mommy. While I used to wish my son would call me mommy now a days I’d love to go back to Da, Daddy, or Dee da.

Connor went through a phase where he would whine when he needed help with or wanted something. I didn’t want to encourage whining so I said, “Can you say Mommy Help?” whenever he whined. He started saying “Mommy”. NOW he says “Mommy” for EVERYTHING.

He knows Kevin is “Dee da” and I’m “Mommy” but now if he needs something, wants something, is talking to himself it is “Mommy mommy mommy mommy”. He’ll even look at Kevin when something is out of reach and say, “Mommy?”

This morning he was sitting on a floor with one of his books. He usually babbles as he turns the page. This morning he was pointing at pictures and saying, “Mommy, Mommy, Mommy”.

In hindsight I should have just said, “Can you say Help?” Back to the drawing board I suppose! I’m very blessed that he is finally calling me Mommy, I truly am. I’ll be even more blessed when I can get him to verbalize the physical things he’s pointing to!

On more than occasion I've been reminded of this clip from Family Guy:

No comments:

Post a Comment