Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tastefully Simple Tuesday!

Back again for another yummy Tuesday! This time I'm going to focus on two items. This weekend I used Onion Onion and Bountiful Beer Cheese Soup together to make one tasty casserole.

Onion Onion is a spice from Tastefully Simple that will become an every day staple in your kitchen. It's not just 4 different kinds of onions that make up this spice but garlic, sea salt, shallots, red bell pepper, parsley and chives all together for a delicious must have in whatever you are cooking.

Onion Onion can be a dip for chips and vegetables by mixing it with sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt for lighter version). You can add Onion Onion to olive oil, vinegar and water for a great marinade. Mix Onion Onion with ground beef or ground turkey for wonderful Burgers or Meatloaf. Mix Onion Onion into mashed potatoes, omelets, stews, soups or on top of whatever you're getting ready to toss in the oven for great flavor.

Bountiful Beer Cheese Soup is a Fall/Winter 2012 soup that warms you on the inside on a cold day. The soup itself is rather tasty but you can add chicken, broccoli, a can of diced tomatoes or a can of beans to turn the soup into a meal of its own. The soup can be used to make mac and cheese or Au Gratin potatoes. For an easy lunch you can top the soup with Bacon Bacon, minced ham, pop corn or shredded cheese. Prepare the soup with a dark beer and enjoy!!

On Saturday I decided to marinate chicken breasts in Onion Onion with olive oil and a splash of vinegar and water. I was planning on just cooking up the chicken with quinoa and roasting asparagus but looking in the cabinet I found I had Bountiful Beer Cheese Soup Mix. As I prepared the quinoa, I started making the soup in another pot. I figured I only need to make half the packet of soup because I only had one cup of quinoa and three chicken breasts. I used a 9 by 5 glass casserole dish and put the chicken and quinoa in it, poured the soup over top, and baked it. I served the casserole with with roasted asparagus and all I can say is YUM!!

Cheesy Onion Chicken Casserole

Ingredients:
3 Chicken Breasts

Bountiful Beer Cheese Soup
1 1/2 cups of milk
1/2 packet of Bountiful Beer Cheese Soup Mix

Quinoa
1/2 cup of dried quinoa
1 cup of water

Marinade
2 Tbsp of Onion Onion
Splash of water
Splash of vinegar
3 Tbsp of Olive Oil (I'm guessing as I didn't measure)

Directions:
A few hours before you're ready to cook everything combine the marinade ingredients together and add chicken. Let chicken marinade.

When you're ready to start cooking preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Combine the dried quinoa and water in a pan and cook over medium heat until quinoa is soft and water has been absorbed.

Combine 1/2 packet of Bountiful Beer Cheese Soup Mix and 1 1/2 cups of milk in another pan and follow directions on packaging for cooking the soup.

Place chicken breasts and quinoa on the bottom of a casserole dish and top with soup. Bake for 30 min (or until chicken is cooked all the way through).

Notes:
This is for a smaller sized casserole as Kevin and I were the only ones eating. Feel free to double everything on this recipe and make a larger casserole.

If you don't like quinoa swap out that with rice or pasta!


Feel free to order from my site and or look around what other fabulous tasting foods Tastefully Simple has to offer! http://www.tastefullysimple.com/web/asachs2

No comments:

Post a Comment