Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Ker-Plunk

Connor adding the marbles.
Ever played the game Ker-Plunk? Take all that time putting the sticks in to place. Like A LOT of time because towards the end none of the sticks want to find another hole on the other side. Only to pull the sticks out one by one and wait for the marbles to fall in less than half the time it took you to put the sticks in! We had the game growing up as kids. I played the game many times with my sister.

As I grew up and moved out of the house I packed up most of my games from when I was a kid and took them with me. In our early 20's we did a lot of drinking and partying. We turned Ker-Plunk into a drinking game. However many marbles fell when you pulled the stick... that's how many drinks you too. SIMPLE!

Now I STILL have that same game in our game closet. It hasn't been played with for years... regular or drinking way. Being home with Connor this afternoon on his sick day I thought about the game. We could TOTALLY play that game. I've come full circle.

The toddler's patience isn't very great for waiting on putting the sticks into the game. Thankfully I was able to keep him preoccupied with the marbles (even though I watched him like a hawk to make sure he didn't stick any up his nose, ears or mouth). Once I got the sticks in Connor took joy in putting the marbles in the top and then the game was over within 30 seconds.

With this game we worked on patience, taking turns and counting. Pretty simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment