Friday, June 1, 2012

Let the Imagination Begin!

In the last week or so Connor's imagination as been through the roof and I just LOVE it. I just want that part of his brain to grow and grow and grow. I want to give that imagination of his a great big hug and never let anything squash it.

Last week Connor was playing with his cars. He always plays with cars. Usually its just pushing them around, lining them up or making the make noises. Well........... lately, he makes the cars talk to each other. This was one conversation he made them have:

Car 1: Ok, see you later I go to Ms. Heather's house now
Car 2: Ok, I miss you. Bye.

***Car 1 drives away***
***Car 1 drives back***
Car 1: I back from Ms. Heather's house
Car 2: Ok. I poopied in my hiney
***Car 2 drives away***

Another time last week Connor had his play phone he paced the kitchen babbling away. I asked him who he was talking too and he responded, "Pop". Then his conversation got real clear. "Hey buddy. What's up? I love you too buddy. See you later buddy." He just repeated it over and over again while pacing the kitchen back and forth. I totally wanted to video tape but didn't want to leave the room to get the camera.

Then there was last night.... last night will stay with me forever! I took Connor to the playground and it was just the two of us. We did the usual climbing, running and sliding but then he ran under the jungle gym and stood where the bars were blocking him in. He started saying, "Help mommy, help. I stuck!" It took me a minute to realize he was playing. Then he said, "I got my rescue pack" and started singing the song from Go, Diego Go! and blasted around the corner free from being trapped.

Next, he wanted me to be trapped. So I played it up calling for help and Connor ran away then came back saying, "I got Toodles. I get mouskatool to help." Then he'd unlock the bars and I would be free. We did this over and over and over again. It didn't get old and I played it up more and more. We were actually playing together!

Our little boy is really growing up and I love it. I don't think I'll ever get sad over him growing up until he denies me my snuggles and kisses. Until then.... I'm soaking them up!

1 comment:

  1. I love that time! The things that come out of their mouths are priceless!!

    ReplyDelete